Welcome to my website about Jekyll Island, one of the beautiful barrier islands lying off the coast of Georgia. Unlike many islands on the Atlantic coast, Jekyll has been protected from mass development by the state legislature. While Jekyll offers plenty of activities for visitors, much of it remains in a natural state.
At this site, you can learn about Jekyll’s history, discover what there is to see and do on the island, take a photo tour of our villa, and find out how to rent our Retreat Villa if you choose Jekyll for a get-away vacation. I hope you’ll enjoy learning more about Jekyll and that one day, you’ll find yourself strolling Jekyll’s beaches and enjoying everything this unique island has to offer.
Please feel free to click on any of these thumbnails for a larger image.
My book Jekyll Journey: A Family Guide to Georgia’s Jewel is the perfect companion to any trip to the island. Whether you are a first-time visitor or are making a return visit, Jekyll Journey can help make your Jekyll visit special. While it is written with families in mind, the book is perfect for those visiting the island on their own.
- The importance of salt marshes for humans and animals
- Why sand dunes are found within Jekyll’s maritime forests
- Where to locate the best sites to see rare, beautiful birds
- Which bike trails provide the most beautiful views of beach, marsh, and forest
- The unique architecture of Jekyll’s famous historic district
- Fascinating facts about the people and events of the island’s rich past Close-up profiles of Jekyll’s most fascinating animal residents.
You can purchase Jekyll Journey: A Family Guide to Georgia’s Jewel by visiting my publishing page at Oak Mountain Press.